I like that the packaging was simple, and easy. I like how the instructions were very simple. Very satisfied with my purchase. Love their AirPod cases.
Case has great quality. It’s my second time purchasing and I’m very pleased. The second was purchased because I got the AirPod 3. Otherwise my first cause was still in good condition. They are durable.
I've had this case for two months, and the "Woolenex" outer material has degraded quickly. Wisps of the material keep separating from the rest of the stitching. It's too bad because I like this case otherwise. It's easy to open, the material feels nice and goes in/out of pockets easily and it doesn't impede the satisfying mechanism of the headphones case. But it will continue to break down and I'll need to throw it away in a short time. I'm disappointed how non-durable this material is, especially given its relatively high price.
I am a longtime fan of the Incase ICON sleeves they make for the MacBook Pros, and was excited to see that they have a Woolenex AirPods case. Unfortunately, I am greatly disappointed by this product.
- It allows you to press the pairing button on the rear of the AirPods case. In addition to the allure of the Woolenex material, the accessible button on the rear of the case was also appealing.
- The Woolenex fabric feels very nice to the touch. I love the look and feel of this material
Unfortunately, there are many, many flaws with the design of this case:
- The inside of the case is bare plastic. I have used a fair share of AirPods cases, and the one from Incase falls on the poorer quality side, despite its price tag. There are a couple clear rubber pads inside the case that will cling onto the AirPods Charging Case. However, this creates a small gap between the wall of the Incase Woolenex case and the AirPods Case. This doesn’t seem like much of a problem at first, but this design allows dust to get inside the case much more easily. Small particles of dust trapped in between the exterior or the AirPods case and the interior of the Woolenex case is a scratch party waiting to happen.
Other cases implement lining that wraps around the entirety of the interior to remedy this issue. Doing so creates a greater seal.
- The lid of the case is difficult to position. You are very likely going to see a noticeable white gap between the lid and the body of the case. This is because the lid of the case does not come down enough to completely cover the lid of the AirPods’ case. I have seen much cheaper AirPods cases that do a better job of closing completely.
- Plastic border around the woolenex. Every edge and curve of the case is lined with a protruding plastic. When placed on a table, the plastic is in contact with your table surface. This makes the case very slippery, and the table-on-plastic rubbing is not great for my desk’s surface. I would much more appreciate a completely Woolenex exterior.
As much as I wanted to enjoy this case, I am disappointed to say that Incase dropped the ball on this one. It feels very cheap and plasticky.
Best case I could find for my AirPods (3rd Gen) and great for those on the go!